The Best of The Drive with Steve Jaxon
This weekly one-hour radio show plays the most interesting and entertaining interviews of the week with high-profile national news-makers in politics, entertainment, the arts, music and comedy. It will work wonders in any weekend time slot of your choice.
The Drive's daily (Mon.-Fri.) formula is a blend of news and politics with comedy, music, the arts and a steady stream of distinguished and interesting guests, interviewed by Steve Jaxon.
This weekly show is in two segments of 24 min., leaving 12 min./hr. of local commercial time.
FULL DEMO SHOW
Demo Segment 1 (23:59)
(00:00) John Dean, former White House counsel, on the 2016 campaign,
(07:16) Bill Press, CNN commentator, from the week before the first 2016 presidential debate,
(17:21) Tommy Chong, of Cheech & Chong, talks about legalization and more.
Demo Segment 2 (24:00)
(00:00) General Colin Powell discusses being Secretary of State and more.
(16:09) Rock-and-Roll Hall of Famer Jason Newsted of Metallica visits and plays an exclusive performance of a song from his current Americana project, The Chophouse Band.
• Exclusive local broadcast rights are available for cash license fees.
• Strong content and top-caliber guests attract audiences to any time slot.
• License fees are market-based and negotiable.
• No commercial inventory to give (i.e. not barter).
To get The Best of The Drive on your station or network, contact Vicario Productions using our Contact Us page on this site.
More about The Drive and our host, Steve Jaxon
See the sidebar on this page for more interview segments from the last year. The Drive daily show is heard Mon.-Fri., 3-6 PM Pacific, on KSRO in Santa Rosa, CA. The best interviews are now available in this weekly show for national syndication.
The show's growth and success come from its unique blend and balance of topics and guests.
The Drive is a collaboration between Steve Jaxon and Producer Mike De Wald. In this video interview embedded on a page of our blog, you can see Mike and Steve interviewed by journalist Daedalus Howell. Steve tells the story of how he developed the concept for a daily talk show that would cover all topics, not just political news but a careful balance of serious and fun stories and guests.
Steve also told the story in The Bohemian, in an extensive February 2015 interview describing his career, The Drive and its successful formula. Read the full story at The Bohemian's website, here.
If it’s happening, it’s on The Drive! Visit The Drive's Facebook page for daily guest lists, pictures and more.
- Former President Jimmy Carter
- California Governor Jerry Brown
- actor and musician Kevin Costner
- California Lt. Governor Gavin Newsom
- former Secretary of State Colin Powell
- Washington icon Daniel Ellsberg
- Author Carl Hiaasen
- TV host Larry Wilmore
- Humorist Dave Barry
- political analyst Bill Press
- attorney and commentator Lanny Davis
- NBC News Analyst Howard Fineman
- Journalist Robert Lipsyte
- TV Host Phil Donahue
- film makers Rob & Carl Reiner
- actor Ryan Reynolds
- comedian Lewis Black
- comedian & TV Host Bill Maher
- Food Network star Guy Fieri
- actor Patrick Dempsey
- musician Brian Wilson
- Green Day Bassist Mike Dirnt
- comedian and TV host John Oliver
- actress Uma Thurman
- actor Kevin Nealon
- comedian Larry the Cable Guy
- comedian and TV host Seth Meyers
- and many others